Clay Pad Detailing Removes Surface Contaminates Fast
- Cleans and Smoothes Paint Finish Ready for Wax, Polish, or Sealant.
- Works Faster with Less Effort than Traditional Clay Bars.
- Fast and Easy Way to Remove Paint Surface Contaminants.
- Will Not Scratch or Mar the Finish When Used as Directed.
- Use With Dual Action Polishers or By Hand.
PAINT CORRECTION THE EASY WAY: Save time and labor over using a traditional clay bar. Instead of working by hand, use the power of your random orbital or DA polisher to clay an entire vehicle in a fraction of the time. If you accidently drop this Clay Bar Pad on the shop floor or ground, no worries. Simply rinse the rubber polymer side of the clay bar foam pad with water to remove the accumulated contaminates, that is it.
USE WITH DA POLISHERS: No more using a clay bar by hand. This is the time-saving, easy way to remove tree sap, paint over-spray, rail dust, light water spots, industrial fallout, environmental pollutants, road grime, and other stubborn surface contaminants from automotive paint, glass, moldings, and plastic. Use with your Porter Cable, Flex, Rupes, or other DA orbital polisher. It quickly attaches to your backing plate with the hook and loop, Velcro like, material.
DURABLE AND REUSABLE: Attach the hook and loop side of the clay bar pad to your backing plate. The backing plate should not be wider than the pad. Lubricate the surface with a clay bar lubricant or showroom quick shine. Then, set your DA polisher to low and use light pressure. You will not have to continually knead this paint correction pad. You can expect a two-hour clay bar job to be cut in half, depending on the severity of the problem area. With less time and elbow grease, you will have a smooth surface, free of contaminates, ready for your wax, polish, or sealant.
LONG-LASTING: Depending on the severity of the surface contaminates, you can use this Clay Bar Pad 50 times or more. Wash away the contaminates with water. The high-quality rubber polymer material will last up to 5-6 times longer than traditional clay bars.
- Before the first use, break-in the pad following these simple instructions. Spritz the Detail Direct Clay Pad with a clay bar lubricant or detail spray. Also, moisten a portion of window glass or other glass surface with your chosen lubricant. Then, rub the clay pad in a circular motion against the glass for 30 to 60 seconds. You may see a white soapy foam. This is the protective transpiration sealant coming off the rubber polymer surface. Do not use the polymerized rubber clay bar pad until its surface is soft and slightly tacky.
- If cold temperatures stiffen the pad, warm the surface before using.
- Not for use with hi-speed buffers or polishers.
HOW TO DETAIL YOUR CAR USING A CLAY PAD
- Thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand, and dirt to remove all loose surface contaminants.
- Mount to the backing plate of your DA orbital polisher with hook and loop attachment
- Spray a workable section of the vehicle surface with a clay bar lubricant or showroom quick shine product.
- Set the speed of your DA polisher on low. Using light pressure, polish the area with the rubber side down.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on each section of the vehicle until finished.
- Rinse the pad with plain water, if needed, to remove contaminates during the process.
- For heavily contaminated surfaces, a final wash and rinse is suggested.
- Dry the vehicle with a clean microfiber towel, chamois, or Water Sprite.
- Rinse the clay pad with soap and water and air dry after each use.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR CLAY PAD:
- 6 Inch (152mm) diameter and 0.6 Inches (15mm) thick.
- Use for fine to medium surface contaminates.
- Composition consists of rubber polymer, sponge, hook and loop attachment material.
- Lasts 50 applications or more, depending on severity of contaminates on the surface.
- Use with a DA Polisher or by hand.